Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Friday, September 2

Donating to Katrina relief.

I want to contribute, but I'm suspicious of most religious organizations, and I figure the Red Cross gets enough publicity.

I've contributed to Mercy Corps. I'm also going to donate to the United Jewish Appeal Katrina Humanitarian Relief Fund -- it's safe to donate to the UJA, because Jews don't proselytize. Similarly, I would give to the American Friends Service Committee -- those Quakers really know how to do good.

If anybody actually reads this, I'm going to try and post anything I know about fundraisers in DC -- especially if they are beer-oriented.

I know that there will be a fundraiser next Wednesday at Domku in Petworth.

Here's what my bestest friend Joel says on his website

September 7: Margie Perez & the Part-Time Goddess Band!
NEW ORLEANS RESCUE BENEFIT : Our dear Marge moved to the Crescent City last year, and her basement apartment was just turned into an aquarium by that bitch Katrina... Trooper that she is, Marge is turning her Domku show into a fund-raiser to help her fellow Nawlinsers recover from the storm and flood.


Margie is an amazing person and performer. See you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home