Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Monday, September 8

Mel Gibson, anti-semite.

NY Daily News - front - Rush & Molloy: Mel's 'Passion'-ate defense gives offense: " Gibson also lays his lash on New York Times columnist Frank Rich. Responding to remarks about the Holocaust made in The Times by Gibson's father, Hutton Gibson, Rich accused the actor's camp of using 'PR spin to defend a Holocaust denier.'

Mel Gibson says of Rich, 'I want to kill him. I want his intestines on a stick. ... I want to kill his dog.' (Rich told us, through a Times spokeswoman, 'I don't have a dog.')

The article says Gibson reluctantly took out a scene in which Caiaphas, a Jewish high priest, says of Christ, 'His blood be on us, and on our children.' The passage, from the Gospel of Matthew, has been interpreted by some as implicating the Jewish people in Jesus' Crucifixion.

'I wanted it in,' Gibson tells Boyer. 'But, man, if I included that in there, they'd be coming after me at my house, they'd come kill me.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home