Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Wednesday, September 3

Good riddance.

'I Expect A Great Reward' (washingtonpost.com): "Hill's planned execution at the Florida State Prison in Starke is drawing new attention to the extremist groups that advocate violence to stop abortions and is sending pulses of anxiety through the nation's 450 abortion clinics. Extra security precautions were being put in place at clinics today in anticipation of a possible backlash from some radical antiabortion activists inspired by Hill who has been labeled a martyr and 'a true American hero' on Web sites run by groups such as the militant Army of God. Hill -- a man whose inflammatory rhetoric filled the airwaves in the mid-1990s -- is going out talking. He conducted a group interview today on the eve of his execution, smiling and appearing composed in footage of the hour-long session at the northern Florida prison.



'I expect a great reward in heaven,' Hill said. 'I am looking forward to glory. I don't feel remorse. . . . People have asked me if I would do it again; if I was put in a similar circumstance, I believe I would act similarly.' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home