Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Monday, July 8

I've had quite enough of 70's and 80's nostalgia. I was there, and there isn't too much to be nostalgic about. I don't think we can do much about the 70's, but maybe we can nip in the bud Duran Duran-mania before it poisons all of us. Therefore, I propose the creation of an official list of 80's phenomena that are appropriate for reminiscing and/or retro comebacks. Here's what I've got so far:

1) Hill Street Blues.
2) Bloom County.
3) Goodfellas.
4) Stevie Ray Vaughan.
5) Nachos.

That's what I've got so far. The list of stuff that should be buried in Yucca Mountain is too long and hideous to contemplate. Where's the beef? The Super Bowl Shuffle. The Preppy Handbook. The invasion of Grenada. The Facts of Life. I can't go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home