Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Sunday, February 17

No, it's not. But it is about a Robot Dog, of sorts.

"This is cool. My
friend and I have been surprising each other for many years. Last year, he
tried to get me a charter membership in the Cockroach of the Week club. I
cancelled that membership after receiving my second surprise package. Now, it’s my turn.
I invited him to come over, but didn’t tell
him that I had payback on my mind. I put a sign on the front door. "John - I’m in the back," was taped to the front door. I
turned on my VCR, tuned in to the camera at the side of my house, and
pressed RECORD.
I could watch John open the gate and start
walking around the side of the house. When he got close to the camera, my
ROBODOG started barking and spotlights at each corner of the house came on.
You should have seen John freeze for a second, then run to the front of the
house. Actually, I’ve got a video tape of all the action.
A few seconds later, John was pounding at the
door.
"What was that?"
I let him in. I had a "gotcha"
smile on my face. John knew that, this time, I outdid his cockroach prank.
"What was that?" John asked
again. "What kind of dog was that?"
I told him "it’s my RoboDog." He
stopped and thought for a minute. He thought for a minute more. "A
Rottweiler-Boston Terrier mix? Is that even possible?" I had to laugh.
No, it’s my Robo. I took my keychain remote
out of my pocket, and pressed the button to turn on the ROBODOG.
Immediately, the dog started barking again, and the lights outside came back
on.
I explained that the outdoor motion detector
included with the ROBODOG is always on. I told him how, when a warm body is
detected, it sends a radio signal to my ROBODOG. I explained that the lights
at each corner of the house were set to a single X10 channel, and that the
Wireless Motion Detector sends a signal to turn the lights on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home