Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Thursday, February 14

DEAR ABBY: I have a huge problem. My fiance and I have been together for three years and are being married in October. The problem is my soon-to-be mother-in-law. She is a great lady and we get along very well; however, she insists on accompanying us on our honeymoon! She keeps pushing the idea of making it a family trip.

My fiance told her the honeymoon is going to be just for us. He tried to tell her we all could go someplace together another time, but she got upset. She abruptly got off the phone with him, saying she was "only joking," but she'd work on me.

This is a nightmare. She's normally a pleasant and reasonable person whom I like a lot. That's why I don't understand why she can't see this is a huge intrusion.

Please help. I don't want to have to change my honeymoon destination to someplace she may not want to go. -- BRIDE-TO-BE IN NORTH CAROLINA

Dear Bride-to-be:
GET OUT NOW! Unless maybe Mom wants to have some kind of kinky threesome with you and her little boy. That's okay.
--Dr.Crankypants

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home