Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Sunday, August 5

If there are two types of people in the world, I wonder if they are people who wish they'd lived in the past, and those who wish they could live in the future. I'm definitely a future person. That's probably why I am so angry that we don't have the whole future we were promised twenty and thirty years ago. I'd put up with murderous replicants if I could have a cool flying car like in Blade Runner. I'd even hang out with the wacky Sean Young. As I've pointed out before, our national progress on flying cars is disgraceful. And don't get me started on jet packs.

On the other hand, I'd last about three and a half minutes in the Old West or the middle ages. Basically, if it's before indoor plumbing, I don't want any part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home