Adam Magazine on the Crazy Years

Looting, killing and raping -- by twisting their words they call it "empire"; and wherever they have created a wilderness they call it "peace" -- Tacitus

Friday, July 5

family.telegraph.co.uk - The toughest gunfighter in town

Remember Sarah Brady? She's fighting cancer, and still thinking about gun control.
family.telegraph.co.uk - The toughest gunfighter in town President Reagan supported the Brady Bill, but his successor, George Bush Snr, did not. This prompted the Bradys - both Republicans - to defect to the Democratic camp in 1992 and support Bill Clinton.

None of this has endeared Sarah Brady to the current President Bush, whom she remembers as a "young party guy" in Washington in the Seventies. He has already damaged her cause by signing pro-gun laws in Texas and is heavily backed by the NRA, currently the most powerful lobby group in America.

"I keep thinking, 'You know, maybe there is a brain there,' " she says of Bush. "At least, I would like to think there is. I know he's not evil. I don't trust him, because I think he's against gun control for political reasons. That's what bothers me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home